SBC Company Profile
- Has the strongest balance sheet in the industry
- Is the second largest local service provider in the U.S.
- Makes multi-year, multi-billion-dollar investments to develop new technologies
- Yahoo!® internet services alliances - Is the market leader in high-speed DSL Internet
- Has been rated the world's most admired telecommunications company for the past 5 years by Fortune magazine.
Through SBC subsidiaries, SBC companies provide a full range of voice, data, networking and e-business services to address the specific needs of individual businesses and consumers. SBC is America's leading provider of high-speed DSL Internet access service, and one of the nation's leading Internet Service Providers (ISPs).
SBC companies currently have more than 60 million access lines nationwide. SBC also has a 60 percent equity interest in Cingular Wireless, its joint venture with BellSouth, which serves more than 21 million wireless customers.
SBC Yahoo! DSL
is just one of SBC's Internet services: SBC Yahoo! Dial
integrates Yahoo!, the #1 Internet destination in the world, with the reliable Internet connection of SBC Internet Services. This is a regular dial-up service, using your regular telephone line for an Internet connection - no special equipment required. SBC Yahoo! Dial-up
is faster than many similar Internet services, and also provides parental controls
to help you exercise control over the content your children can view on the Internet.
With SBC DSL
Internet stay more secure with the latest SpamGuard, AntiVirus software, Pop-up Blocker, and more... With SBC/Yahoo! DSL you get state-of-the-art firewall software to help keep hackers out - all so you'll have more peace of mind. All so you'll have a better online experience. SBC DSL
also provides SpamGuard - SBC SpamGuard helps stop annoying junk mail, you can even block specific addresses.