SBC Company Profile
- Has the strongest balance sheet in the industry
- Is the second largest local service provider in the U.S.
- Makes multi-year, multi-billion-dollar investments to develop new technologies
- Yahoo!® internet services alliances - Is the market leader in high-speed DSL Internet
- Has been rated the world's most admired telecommunications company for the past 5 years by Fortune magazine.
Through SBC subsidiaries, SBC companies provide a full range of voice, data, networking and e-business services to address the specific needs of individual businesses and consumers. SBC is America's leading provider of high-speed DSL Internet access service, and one of the nation's leading Internet Service Providers (ISPs).
SBC companies currently have more than 60 million access lines nationwide. SBC also has a 60 percent equity interest in Cingular Wireless, its joint venture with BellSouth, which serves more than 21 million wireless customers.
SBC Yahoo! DSL
is just one of SBC's Internet services: SBC Yahoo! Dial
integrates Yahoo!, the #1 Internet destination in the world, with the reliable Internet connection of SBC Internet Services. This is a regular dial-up service, using your regular telephone line for an Internet connection - no special equipment required. SBC Yahoo! Dial-up
is faster than many similar Internet services, and also provides parental controls
to help you exercise control over the content your children can view on the Internet.